To deliver push notifications from your iOS app you need to register a new auth key for the Apple Push Notification service (APNs). MagicBell will use P8 tokens to authenticate requests made to the APNs.
Follow these steps to register a new key:
- Login to your Apple developer account and open the keys page (you have to enroll in Apple's Developer Program, before).
- Register a new key, make sure you enable "Apple Push Notifications service (APNs)"
- Apple will generate a 10-digit ID and an authentication token signing key. Store it safely.
To configure iOS mobile push notifications for your MagicBell project, follow these steps:
- From the Channels page in your Dashboard, click the ⚙ icon next to Mobile Push to access Mobile Push Channel Settings.
- Under APNs, enable the provider and complete the required fields, then click Save.
MagicBell needs the P8 key ID, team ID for your Apple account, P8 cert, and the iOS app's bundle ID.